About this module
In this experiential learning module on Effective Management, the learner joins Evergreen Design, a mid-sized interior design company, as a new Manager of Sales. Evergreen is diversifying its business and recently developed and launched a new VR technology that allows users to visualize their spaces with different furniture, paint and other interior design elements. This addition of VR is part of the company’s new strategic direction, which includes expanding into the technology field. While this is exciting, the company is currently tracking at 65% of their revenue target. The learner is tasked with improving the overall performance of the unit.
As the new manager, it is up to the learner to uncover why the sales team is underperforming and where team dynamics need improvement. Through a series of discussions with team members and the VP of Sales, the learner will gain insight into how the team should move forward.
Subject Matter Expert
- Analyze roles, skills sets, and key performance concepts
- Analyze and solve management problem(s)
- Implement a management solution with a focus on both people and performance
- Respond to and communicate changes in an effective way
Skills experienced and assessed
- Active Listening
- Performance Analysis
- Rational Decision Making
- Strategic Planning & Action
- Change Management
- Emotional/Social intelligence
- Effective Communication
- Gathering Information
The learner will experience the challenges of managing a team. At the end of the module, the learner will understand that an effective manager has both a high degree of concern for the people on their team and a high degree of concern for delivering results.
The learning module will take learners 1 to 2 hours to complete.
Implementation options for higher education
Ametros modules can be easily integrated into an existing course or program via LTI 1.3. Modules can be implemented in several ways including the following:
- The module can run asynchronously on-demand without instructor involvement.
- The module can run asynchronously with instructor involvement. The instructor can choose to provide additional student feedback at an interaction level.
- The module supports an optional instructor-graded assignment that is assessed using an easy-to-use, editable, integrated rubric. Feedback at the interaction level is optional for the instructor.