About this module
In this experiential learning module on Business Professionalism, the learner takes on the role of team lead of front-end development in the Platform Development team at HR-Ports. HR-Ports is a medium-sized technology company that provides human resources software as a service. The company is well established and has received several awards and accolades as a leader in customer satisfaction, reliability, and trustworthiness.
The learner’s success will hinge on their judgment and ability to make ethical decisions when presented with difficult scenarios. They will need to manage their own team’s recent performance issues, act with integrity and honesty throughout their interactions, and provide justification for their decisions.
Subject Matter Expert
- Address sensitive topics and lead difficult discussions
- Establish and maintain a professional work environment
- Carry themselves with honesty and responsibility
- Take accountability for their actions
Skills experienced and assessed
- Business etiquette
- Having a positive attitude
- Respectful coaching
- Compassion/empathetic engagement
- Making ethical decisions
By the end of the module, the learner will have an understanding of the key behaviors, skills, and knowledge of business professionalism, and that work ethic and professional ethics are inextricably interwoven and connected.
The learning module will take learners 2 to 3 hours to complete.
Implementation options for higher education
Ametros modules can be easily integrated into an existing course or program via LTI 1.3. Modules can be implemented in several ways including the following:
- The module can run asynchronously on-demand without instructor involvement.
- The module can run asynchronously with instructor involvement. The instructor can choose to provide additional student feedback at an interaction level.
- The module supports an optional instructor-graded assignment that is assessed using an easy-to-use, editable, integrated rubric. Feedback at the interaction level is optional for the instructor.